Thursday, September 30, 2010

Quality

In an attempt to freshen things up and after forever I went back to the winter session on the field by the Tennis club, otherwise known as Pete's sessions, though tonight was Peteless.
It was as I remember dark, occasionally nauseating, silly and excellent all round session - thank Neil for pacing and pushing just right.
We jogged,and bounded, then hoped and skipped then did it all again, then slalomed then shuttled, then slalomed again then ran round and round 1 lap, 2 lap, then slalomed again then 1 lap then 1 lap, then a bit of running, striding and bounding again then we went home.
I was pleased to keep up my pace in fact upping it marginally with every rep. The bounding skipping nonsense I think helped me stretch and warm my cold tight bits  and during the effort part of the drills I didn't feel the hammy at all.
Fool that I am I turned up in road shoes and impaled myself on a stake (thankfully blunt at the top) and sport an impressive bruise.
I'm sure this was a quality session and pushed me much more than running alone - so I will return (with grippy shoes)
I was suprised after the below par response of my body recently to put in some good effort,sustain it and keep up with the pace of others.
Not being a technical whiz I can't upload the mapped gps - which looks like a bad spirograph drawing.


Oh and VLM commiserations today :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment