Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Getting out is the hardest thing to do

Oh dear what a day, walked into work to be greeted by senior member of staff weeping and saying sorry, which i eventually ascertained was for nothing worth getting worked up about much, then computer wouldn't work, then the wonders of teaching young doctors who thankfully didn't cry (well not in front of me), then off to see another work colleague long term off - more tears. Then a quick 10mins at home (no shouting no tears), then off to meet inspector of police, no I'm not in trouble, though we discovered a slightly different perspective on a matter of importance and suddenly it's 8pm, so did a Clarke Kent on the streets of ILkley and hit the road for 5miles of ..well I can't remember, I just ran and let the things that have stuck to me today wash off. So probably more therapy than physical training.
Finished in time to collect junior and get the dinner out of the dog, got home to find eldest finished with boyfriend.
Just patients for the next couple of days - bliss! - not often I say that
Out tomorrow night to meet friends after work - he just ran an ultra at weekend, so he'll inspire or shame me.
Back to Harriers Track session on Thursday - work owe me a finish on time!

No comments:

Post a Comment