Thursday, September 23, 2010

Post Mortem

Time to reflect
The run and time at GNR was not as planned. I didn't manage to run any faster than I trained on a long run so why?
1. I can only think despite feeling over my coldy fluey thing that still had me coughing muck up 2 days before I was less over it that I reckoned.
2. A poor milage for 4 weeks had an effect
3. Despite some care, and some running over last 3months my weight remains the same - 14stone which is 8-9lb more than my best weight running and a few more pounds off then would help.
4. GNR crowds slow you down - yes but maybe 90sec over the course.
5. I getting older and slower (I still refuse to believe that my PB's are not ahead of me).

Anyway I've decided not to run the Marathon next month (having only 1 weekend after that in 6 at home, (I need to pay some attention to them at home as well).

I'll wait and see what happens re London next Spring.

For now I'll get back to it
reestablish some good milage and look to do 2 effort sessions a week and some easy miles.
I'll do some park runs and focus on speed a bit over the next few weeks.
I'll book a half marathon sometime early new year and either banish the disapointment of Sunday's time or accept that I becoming an old codger.

No comments:

Post a Comment