Tuesday, April 6, 2010

it's hilly round here

With Bunny Runs starting tonight and that being a league counter numbers were a bit down at Harriers. So there was a couple of groups too slow and one too fast - so I went with the too fast. To be honest I'd have been confortable with them a year ago so not the really fast lot, but it was light and warm so to off up the moor.
We ran up to White wells then up and through Rocky Valley, down to the Cow and Calf and beneath chez nous and round and down and up a few times.
I managed 5 good hill efforts between a couple of minutes and 10 and 2km at tempo pace, so I'll call that a "session". What was pleasing other than hanging on and not having to make them regroup too much for me was that despite the effort I felt strong towards the end - which I think is payback for Conniston - ie longer miles.
10.1km
59min
1679ft ascent (and presumably descent)
Good session - the hills are your friends drmackem
Rest day tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment